My Thoughts, My World, My Blog

I work in Community Relations for a Christian Non-profit organization in Idaho, where I live with my beautiful wife Amy and our 2 children.

Name:
Location: Boise, ID

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Its a Whole New World

Returning to our offices today in Boise, we find ourselves remarkably in a different world than that which we left a week ago. Through the power of education, networking, and observation, our lives are somehow "different".

The church today should have the same effect on those around us. We should be caught acting like the people Christ wanted us to be. Poeple should observe us living a life based on biblical principles. We should be engaging society, not boycotting and shunning it, looking reactionary.

Lets have the discussions and answer the questions that the world is screaming about. Do you find it ironic that the top shows on TV today are shows with names like LOST and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES??? Could it be that society is trying to tell us where they see themselves by what they can identify with?

OK, so maybe its just my little revelation, and those thoughts are not as deep to anyone else as they are to me. Thats fine. As the title says, these are my thoughts, and my world. I can live with that!

3 Comments:

Blogger MichaelB said...

Good word Chad. The world is screaming out for what we often take for granted. Let's never forget the power of our message on an individual human life. MB

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tydaguy said...

Um...Chad you spelled people wrong and I think Biblical is supposed to be capitalized. =). Nice word anyways.
-TMH

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Mark Wilson said...

> Do you find it ironic that the top shows on TV today are shows with
> names like LOST and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES??? Could it be that
> society is trying to tell us where they see themselves by what
> they can identify with?

Bingo, you're right on the money.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home